Sunday, August 4, 2013

Writer's Block..not good for you like sun block

Sigh. I have writer's block. Usually when I read a book that I'm reviewing the article just comes to me. Without me having to exert any sort of effort whatsoever other than reading the book it just comes to me and I end up writing my article in my head wen I'm supposed to be sleeping. But ever since I reviewed my first non-fiction book I've been struggling. I didn't really like that particular book and it was the first time that I wrote an intro that didn't work. I had to rewrite it and ever since it has been a struggle to come up with intros for my articles. I want so bad to blame it on this book and call it names but really I think it all boils down to confidence. I had confidence that my intros were good and now I'm shaken. The truth is my intros ARE good. But after having to rewrite just that one, it's like I can't get it back into gear. Like when you've been going full steam ahead and something throws you from the track and you're left wondering where in the world the track went. I just finished reading The Rhithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. First of all, Brandon Sanderson is my favorite author and second of all I really liked this book, which makes reviewing it a million times easier Yet, I still find myself struggling to come up with an intro to this article. I have a couple faint ideas, but it's not the "move over everything else going on in my head, we gotta make room for this fantastic intro that's just going to come to us" sort of thing. I realized yesterday that it's hard to all of a sudden have to work hard at something that normally just comes naturally. Like trying to keep track of your breathing if all of a sudden it wasn't just an automatic thing your body does. I hope this writer's block will pass soon. Maybe having to work hard at this will help me to become a better writer and maybe I will start to appreciate my talents more instead of taking them for granted. It's crazy the little things that trip us up. Little crumbs in our daily path. I'm kind of hoping that telling someone about it will help. We'll see when I finish with Brandon Sanderson and start on the next book. In the meantime, I'm working up my gumption so I can interview Brandon Sanderson!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment