Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tender mercies

Today was not bad, like at all. I woke up this morning convinced that it was going to be a bad day. I could feel a sore throat coming on and my hips/rumpus muscles were killing me yesterday and I knew that Cody wouldn't be home tonight so I was hoping that my muscles would be feeling good enough that I would be able to put Elise down for bed without having to call someone over to come help me. Yesterday L&L told me that my alternator and thermostat need to be replaced and they would be nice enough to do it for about $1000 so today I knew I would need to call around to see how much other places would charge. My throat is still a little sore but it hasn't been bad. Most of the day it actually has felt pretty alright. Thanks to Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu. I love that stuff <3 My first tender mercy this morning, before I had taken the Tylenol. was that I miraculously didn't spill baby food everywhere when I found myself accidentally hitting the spoon that was in the baby food container. A small thing, yes, but at that  moment it was big. The next tender mercy was the Tylenol. Once I got the babe to sleep I took a shower and was in the mood to NOT do my hair. First I decided that I was going to just put it in french braids and then I decided to not do it at all, just let it air dry, which means I would not be able to do my hair decently until I washed it again. But something told me to do it, so I did, and it looked good! Turns out, I the newspaper is doing an article on me and they took my picture for the article today. Phew! Tender mercy!! I decided to take Leese to Arby's for dinner and then drive her over to Grandma's house since Dad wouldn't be home and really I was bored and hungry. My car--which I should not have been driving around anyway--died in the drive thru. This very nice Arby's employee pushed my car out of the way and then brought me my food when it was ready. Tender mercy! I told her manager how awesome she is. Cody came and rescued me. He jumped my car and followed me home. All because I was LUCKY enough to break down at 4:45 pm instead of in the middle of his busy day or after he had already gone fishing. Tender mercy! And the piece de resistance, my muscles didn't hurt at all today. That's actually more of a miracle than a tender mercy, but it can go on the tender mercy list :) Hooray for tender mercies!

I love when bad things happen at a good time :) It reminds me of how aware God is of me. I can recall a few times that I have been grateful that a bad thing happened when it did instead of at a much worse time. The bad things are going to happen, so I'm grateful that when they do, God is there to help the bad things be the best that they can be :)

2 comments:

  1. Brittney, so proud of you! I love your positive attitude about things, especially when they are negative challenges for you! that is the best way to handle things and like you said you will ALWAYS have Heavenly Father on your side! kisses to Leese! =)

    ReplyDelete