Thursday, August 15, 2013

Poem du jour

It's been a loooong time since I have written a poem, but I kinda did tonight, and I wanted to share it with you guys <3 Enjoy!

Racing the Dark

the Dark is not my friend
well, it is
but its not
not tonight
tonight im alone in my car
running later than expected
racing the Dark home
im tempted to speed
to take chances to win
but thats not me anymore
this new me
the me im working on becoming
her heart is at home
simultaneously upstairs sleeping in the crib
and downstairs on the couch watching futurama
(sometimes my heart has bad taste)
as it becomes obviously clear that ive lost this...
battle?
war?
scrimmage...
as it becomes obviously clear that ive lost this scrimmage
 im driving in the almost Dark
wishing id gotten a bigger cherry soda
i know that ill make it home to my heart
Dark or no Dark
and i know that i have won after all

2 comments: