Monday, October 7, 2013

Project 7 am -- Day 1

I really struggle with organization. After 14 months of being home with Elise I am still trying to figure out a schedule that works. I"ll spare you 14 months of details and skip ahead to last week. Last week I decided that what I need to do is wake up before Elise does and pray and read my scriptures instead of waiting until she goes down for her first nap to do those things. Which means I have to wake up at 7 am and I am not a morning person. I also struggle with going to bed early enough to get enough sleep, so this a double whammy on both sides. I didn't get to bed as early as I wanted to last night so when Cody's alarm went off at 7 am I wasn't so sure whether I'd be going back to bed or sticking with my goal, but I did! And it felt amazing!! And the rest of my day went great, too! I got everything done on my to-do list that was important and I even got a few extra things done! And even though I didn't get a full 8 hours of sleep I wasn't tired, I had enough energy all day. Well, until now, I am pretty tired now, but I'm hoping that will help me get to bed earlier and fall asleep easier so that I can get enough sleep tonight! But I'm not holding my breathe on that one. Half the battle was succeeding today, the other half of the battle will be not letting my guard down tomorrow because I did so well today. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. I have tried this 1000 times and youre right when you do it, it feels awesome!! The whole day goes so much better...but with Elainas up and down wake up times its been hard! So far she's been waking up at 8 again! or just before 8! I would love to start up again!! For me, it helps to have an accountability friend..I'd love to take on the challenge with you! Maybe we can text each other to wake each other up :)

    ReplyDelete